DIY cardboard stamps

21.3.13


Eep! A few days ago I experimented with this cardboard stamps, they are very easy to make and the final result is very pretty. 

Eep! Hace un par de días experimenté con estos sellos de cartón, son muy fáciles de hacer y el resultado final es muy bonito.


Supplies:
  • Cardboard
  • Glue
  • Textile paint
  • Scissors
  • Brush
Cut the shape you want on the cardboard, then cut 2 smaller pieces more. Glue it together and add it on a base (look at the pictures below). The shape you've cut don't have to be close to the base. 

For stamping, add paint to your stamp with a brush, then play and stamp on a flat surface.
The best is making simple shapes, I tried to make an arrow, but it didn't looked very well.

Materiales:
  • Cartón
  • Pegamento
  • Pintura textil
  • Tijeras
  • Pincel
Corta la forma que quieras en el cartón, después corta 2 piezas más pequeñas. Pégalas juntas y júntalas con una base (mira las fotos de abajo). La forma que has cortado no debe quedar cerca de la base.
Para estampar, añade pintura a tu sello con un pincel, luego juega y estampa en una superficie plana. 
Lo mejor es hacer formas simples, yo intenté hacer una flecha, pero no quedaba demasiado bien.  



I love that the cardboard that I used marked the brushstrokes texture. I think that is because it was cardboard with a plastic layer.
I've made three aprons and two tote bags for the craft fair I'm going this Sunday! If I don't sell them, I'll list it on my Etsy shop for sure... but maybe I'll keep the hearts tote bag... hehe
Happy experiments!

Me encanta que el cartón que usé marcaba textura de las pinceladas. Creo que es porque era un cartón con una capa de plástico.
He hecho tres delantales, y dos tote bags para una feria artesanal a la que voy a ir este domingo! Si no lo vendo, seguramente los pondré en mi tienda Etsy... pero a lo mejor me quedo la tote bag de corazones... hehe

Felices experimentos! 









2 comentarios:

Vivika dijo...

Lovely idea! i am definitely going to make these!

Unknown dijo...

So cute, and how creative with the cardboard!